Fool me once they say,
and shames on you.
Fool me twice, and the pains on me.
The shames on me.
The grief of having trusted you is on me.
It's on me that I still believe naively in goodness
and repentance.
I'm broken with optimism.
It's in my eyes that I didn't see it.
Fool me with the words like "I love you",
Baby, love doesn't do that.
Love doesn't sink its teeth into my skin
and then lock lips with them.
Love doesn't hold my hands and look into my eyes
then stand right behind my back in their arms.
It's time for me to wisen,
It's time for me to change.
Fool me once, fool me twice,
They're breaking good men, mistaking them as nice.
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Fool Me Twice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The House of Suffering
This is a story of how I acquired scars, physical, emotional, and psychological. When I was a child, my parents, being in need of a babysi...
-
Today someone mentioned the loss of their dad from a few years ago, and I heard another person mournfully say “I’m sorry you're also a...
-
Her eyes hold wisdom and beauty like the constellations set at creation by God's own hand. I searched every house of light to no avail. ...
-
Let it Go Darlin I'm here as a friend in dark times. I've been where you were and I've suffered the onslaughts from within No...
No comments:
Post a Comment