On my shelf encased in plastic is a newspaper faded and old with a headline that reads "Man walks on the moon." The ink is black against the aging frail tan paper. It was something I received from my grandmother at her passing. A moment of history that was essential to preserve. Something from life that must be kept. Now I am a grown man years beyond her and I look to my Mother. An aged woman of history, grown old and a little frail in years past. Her hair faded of the colors it once knew. The creases of her smile and the way her eyes squint when she laughs. Her mind holds a history bold as ink, smudged from time to time. This gift my grandmother gave me gave me life, and reminds me each day to try and live it. I wish these pages of history could be preserved forever, and this love and kindness set to display.
For when the grave comes to take her in time, may her history live on in me. May the impact she's made change the world
Wednesday, June 24, 2026
Bold as ink
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The House of Suffering
This is a story of how I acquired scars, physical, emotional, and psychological. When I was a child, my parents, being in need of a babysi...
-
Today someone mentioned the loss of their dad from a few years ago, and I heard another person mournfully say “I’m sorry you're also a...
-
Her eyes hold wisdom and beauty like the constellations set at creation by God's own hand. I searched every house of light to no avail. ...
-
Let it Go Darlin I'm here as a friend in dark times. I've been where you were and I've suffered the onslaughts from within No...
No comments:
Post a Comment