Friday, June 26, 2026

Unfaithful

To confess to Christ and speak 
That I find my sin be most enjoyed.
I know the havoc it wreaks, 
and the pain against Him employed.

I do the things I hate, 
Justifying them to myself as needs
The comforts of the flesh so late
are loud against the spirit that pleads. 

The witches are craven with hunger
The married women tend to seek my company
They bid to me fantasies that snare the younger
as the temptations pull draws upon me 

Deep within my solitude and weakness 
I stammer a no in an uncomfortable squirm 
I can feel the light and fight turning to bleakness 
As the desire for passion and to be wanted burns

The women in the church play like nobility
And the whores in the bars crawl like spiders
I'm losing my mind, resolve and my civility 
As this demon is begging me inside her. 

Christ tells me to flee from sexual immorality
Its wounds are not of flesh but of soul 
It's a gamble with God and immortality
A cost higher than I'll ever know 

Shame dawns like a sunrise 
casting it's shadow of cold on my face
 And I'm sick of the war against desire
and tired of myself in this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The House of Suffering

 This is a story of how I acquired scars, physical, emotional, and psychological.  When I was a child, my parents, being in need of a babysi...