Friday, September 4, 2026

It's Karaoke Night

Stepping up to grab the mic, 
There's bar chatter and blinking light
Lovers whispering and holding tight
and I just want to sing.
Just wanting connection for moment to life
Just feeling the release of turmoil and strife
I nervously flip that microphone in my hand
pace back through the room where I stand
and I sing. 

I pour from deep in my soul all the words
that every radio listeners heard 
but I paint them with pieces of my soul 
and for just a moment I'm known. 
I belt out the notes of my pain
The loss and the things that remain
I bellow the echo's of loves place
with a microphone held to my face 

I sing in a room of drunk strangers
of my sorrows and darkness and dangers
I sing of my wrestling with the Divine
and I sing of woman not mine. 

I radiate melody and song
as the bar crowd sings along
Enchanting them with strangers words
I but for a moment finally feel heard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Antiquated Man

 They label me "A Good man" they way they mark quarantine zones.  An estranged awareness of healthiness is had that either isn...