She asks me will you come see me at the bar tonight?
She smiles an affirming smile with her eyes alight
Her friends surround her to catch a glimpse at me
They've heard stories and tales of the type of man I can be.
Their whispers and laughter and girlish gossips spread
and I laugh quietly in my head.
She lavishes my attention and presence
but the night ends in distance.
She holds my hands during the day
and laughs in his arms at night.
I speak of foreign concepts like virtue, honor, worth, and value.
They speak the languages of consumption, conquest, orgasm, and dominance.
Her and him tell me the same things with different actions-
You won't win with goodness.
You won't win the way you are.
In the daylight she tells me I'm one in a million, the rarest of the rare.
She tells me what a good man I am and how well she speaks of me.
and in the night they laugh together.
In the night they laugh at meaning.
The laugh at the mere notions of truth,
as they cover themselves in self delusion.
Thursday, August 13, 2026
In Another's Eyes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Antiquated Man
They label me "A Good man" they way they mark quarantine zones. An estranged awareness of healthiness is had that either isn...
-
Today someone mentioned the loss of their dad from a few years ago, and I heard another person mournfully say “I’m sorry you're also a...
-
Let it Go Darlin I'm here as a friend in dark times. I've been where you were and I've suffered the onslaughts from within No...
-
This is a story of how I acquired scars, physical, emotional, and psychological. Being in need of a babysitter and not knowing anyone capa...
No comments:
Post a Comment